Tuition & Financial Aid
Saint Patrick Merit Scholarship
Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic High School (SMACHS) is pleased to partner with Saint Patrick School to extend two scholarship opportunities to Saint Patrick students who will be entering ninth grade the next academic year. Students who apply for these highly competitive programs must possess superior academic, character, and extracurricular traits. There are two SMACHS Merit Scholarships available each year: First Scholarship is 50% of tuition (~$4500.00 value); Second Scholarship is 25% of tuition (~$2250.00 value).
Required Criteria for Consideration
- Core subject grades (math, science, English, history) must be equivalent to an “A-” average on the SMACHS scale for the seventh grade year, and the current marking period during which the application is submitted for consideration.
- The students MUST receive two recommendations from two core subject teachers, a recommendation from a religion teacher, a recommendation from a coach/music/theater teacher, and one from the principal. Recommendation forms may be requested from the Registrar..
Submission Guidelines and Required Documents
- A copy of official transcripts must accompany the application;
- Candidates must apply for admission to SMACHS;
- Candidates must submit an essay (500 words) on what they plan to achieve at SMACHS;
- Candidates must sit for an interview with the Principal and Registrar of SMACHS;
- Candidates should plan to attend a shadow day on the same day as the interview;
- The application may requested by contacting the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Submit the application via email to: email@example.com;
- Submit the application via fax to: (540) 548-8780;
- Mail or hand-deliver to: ATTN: Registrar, SMACHS, 6301 Campus Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22407;
- Teacher recommendations must be submitted directly from the student’s teachers to SMACHS by one of the above methods.
HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS (Click on Link to find out more)
The Catholic High School Scholarship Grants Program offers annual scholarships to high school students who otherwise could not afford this type of education. Applications for these scholarships are available at the admissions office of the Catholic school that you are considering. The deadlines will vary by term and school. Eligibility is based on incomes of the parents that are applying. SOURCE: https://teens.lovetoknow.com/Scholarship_Programs_for_Catholic_High_School
The Children’s Scholarship Fund helps families of all incomes levels to send their children to private Catholic schools, as well as other denominations. The application is available at any time for students and even to homeschooled students. In order to be eligible for an award, families must fall below the maximum income limits. This means that partial scholarships are available to all different income levels. SOURCE: https://teens.lovetoknow.com/Scholarship_Programs_for_Catholic_High_School
Patriot’s Pen Essay Contest
This Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Scholarship contest is open to all students, including home-schooled students, in grades 6-8. Student must be a resident of the state where entered. The national first-place winner will receive $5,000. SOURCE: https://vfwauxiliary.org/what-we-do/scholarships-2/
More Financial Aide Information
Saint Michael the Archangel High School makes every attempt to provide a Catholic education to any student who desires it, regardless of ability to pay. In that spirit, we have over $30,000 in tuition assistance available to families who qualify.
In order to be considered for aid, application must be made directly through the FACTS Tuition & Grant Aid Assessment portal at https://www.factstuitionaid.com/facts/gaapp. Upon receipt of the tuition assistance application, the financial aid committee will review the applications and allocate funds accordingly. Please note that while FACTS makes recommendations based on a set mathematical formula, all financial aid decisions are made entirely at the discretion of Saint Michael the Archangel High School.
Should you have any questions regarding this procedure, please contact our Registrar at 540-548-8748.